Leinenweber Baroni & Daffada Consulting’s public policy and government relations professionals have the demonstrated experience and capability to prepare successful government relations strategies in high pressure, complex, and time sensitive situations. Clients regularly look to us for advice on how best to approach policy-makers. Having developed strong relationships with legislators and other policy-makers at all levels of Illinois state government, including the House and Senate, and throughout the Executive Branch, Leinenweber Baroni & Daffada can use its legal and political expertise to achieve optimal policy outcomes.
When government action or inaction is at issue, sometimes the answer lies with the courts, sometimes with the legislative branch, and sometimes with executive branch and its agencies. Frequently the best and most efficient solution will involve a legislative or administrative answer. Determining the best course of action often requires split-second decision-making and the consequences of choosing the wrong path are often irreversible.
Clients today are faced with unprecedented legislative and regulatory challenges. Using its public policy expertise, Leinenweber Baroni & Daffada can work closely with clients to prepare government relations strategies for advancing favorable legislation and regulations and improving client relationships with regulators and policy-makers. Our public policy & government relations practice has a deep bench of legal and legislative experience available to assist in approaching policy-makers to discuss current and proposed legislation and regulations, and in creating integrated public policy solutions.
Our public policy and lobbying practice can provide a wide variety of services including:
• Monitoring and analyzing the state legislative and regulatory process to ensure that all client interests are represented and to prevent surprise from adverse government action.
• Crafting strategies for promoting, defeating, or otherwise influencing the enactment of legislation in the state legislature and the promulgation of regulations in state agencies.
• Identifying and arranging meetings with key legislators and policy makers.
• Acting as legislative advocates for clients advancing their position to legislators, legislative committees, and executive agencies.
• Drafting proposed legislation and regulations.
• Coordinating lobbying and public affairs activities to achieve powerful results.
• Coordinating grassroots lobbying through the organization of coalitions of businesses, industries, trade associations, and private citizens tosupport or oppose legislation or regulations.